Friday, September 4, 2009

The Old Days

I remember some time ago... I think it was around when I was doing my very first short film... A very good friend of mine and I had gone out to the east end and took some pictures. She was kind enough to lend me her spare camera... Which was a Pentax film camera... and we just went at it.

Film has always been awesome medium if you had the money: Buying the film, shooting the film, processing the film... If you screwed up one part of this process, it would only cost you more money to do it over again. But that was always the thing... Film required skill and talent. The kind of thing that made you do it right the first time.

At the end of the day (In my opinion anyway), digital photography and digital film-making ultimately gets broken down into one advantage and one disadvantage:

The Advantage: Anyone can do it.
The Disadvantage: Anyone can do it.

I digress.

Sometimes, with digital, you can't always tell the difference but here, the pictures appear to be a little more "soft" in texture... If you know what I mean.

Anyway, the following shots are the result.








No comments:

Post a Comment